Boys Basketball Menu / Archives
Written by Dan Smith
Published on April 10, 2007
We'll post any summer league, tournament, or camp information here that coaches and players send our way. If you have something to add to the list, let us know
! Items are listed in general in chronological order.
- The 2nd Annual Salem Summer League is a 9 nine team 3A/2A/1A summer league hosted this year by East Linn Christian Academy. All games are played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Corban College between May 29th and June 26th, with a final league playoff tournament played on June 26th. The teams this year are: East Linn Christian Academy, Salem Academy, Blanchet, Western Mennonite, Regis, Kennedy, Jefferson, Santiam, and Country Christian.
- Baker Summer Tournament. Boys varsity and JV teams. We have room for two more at each level. June 8th and 9th. 5 games for $150.00. We have many hotels, campgrounds and gym space for traveling teams. Schools from Oregon and Idaho are attending. Contact Craig Woods at
- Heppner Youth Basketball has put together a boys and girls basketball clinic to be held June 9th & 10th. The clinic will be broken down by position and age (perimeter & post). There will be 2 day sessions with Coach Gordie James of Willamette University and Coach Michael Meek of Southridge High. Sessions: (1) Middle School (Awesome Opportunity) (2) High School Boys Post (3) High School Boys Perimeter (4) High School Girls Post (5) High School Girls Perimeter COST: $50 for 2 days of quality instruction Click the link below for more clinic information and a printable brochure. http://www.hometeamsonline.com/basketballteam/freeform.asp?u=MCKINNF&sport=basketball&t=c&username=MCKINNF&p=home&s=basketball&pagename=Guard/Post%20Clinic
- Portland Lutheran is hosting its 7th Annual Boys Basketball tournament on Saturday, June 16th. Teams are from the 1a/2a/3a clssifications. This is a 12 team tournament consisting of pool play in the morning which will determine seeding for the afternoon tournament. Each team is guaranteed 4 games. Each game will be 15 minute running halves with a 2 minute halftime. This has been a very competitive tournament with 60% of the teams making their respective state tournaments. Contact Chad Rush at
- Henley Hornets Boys Basketball Presents: "Southern Oregon Shoot-Out" Summer Tournament
- WHAT: 16 Team Varsity Summer Tournament
- WHO: 16 Top 4A and 5A teams from Oregon and California
- WHEN: Saturday-Sunday; June 16-17
- WHERE: Henley High School/ Hosanna High School
- ENTRY FEE: $200 per team OSAA Sanctioned Officials; 4 games guaranteed
- BONUS: Barry Adams and Nick Robertson will be on hand for a coaches' round-table over pizza.
- CONTESTS for Saturday night: 3 point contest, dunk contest, Free-throw contest
- EXTRAS: All-Star team and MVP chosen; shirts for winning team and coaches
- For more information; Contact Jack Lee -
cell # (541) 891-4655
- Valley Catholic Boys/Girls 4A/3A/2A/1A Summer League
- Dates/Format: Each team will play two games a night on four separate nights (June 18, 20, 25, 27). There will also be a tournament on Saturday June 30th held at Gaston High School to cap off the league. We can arrange a cost to cover that tournament depending on the number of teams and what it will take to cover officials. We understand that several teams may have already committed to tournaments on that day so it is not a requirement to play that particular day, in order to take part in this league. The game formats will be sent out shortly.
- We have three full sized floors on campus and the game times will be as follows: 5:15, 6:20, 7:25, and 8:30. If you have any travel conflicts or restraints please let us know and we will try to schedule accordingly.
- Cost: $300 dollars will cover you for the entire league. This is to cover officials and scorekeeper. A small admission fee of $2.00 for adults will be charged. All games will be officiated by Portland Basketball Officials. We would like to have a consistent group of teams, however if you can only make it to three, two, or one of the nights and would still like to participate the cost will be pro-rated. Checks can be made out to Valley Catholic Basketball. Payment must be made prior to the first date. If you have any questions please contact one of the following. Contact John Innes
- Grants Pass High School is looking for two more varsity teams and one more JV team for its 7th Annual Boys Basketball Team Camp. The dates are June 21-23. Cost is $250 and each team will play a minimum of 7 games. Please contact me at
- Santiam High School is hosting it's first annual summer basketball tournament the 13th, 14th, and 15th of July. Come camp on the grass and enjoy the beautiful scenery while playing at least 5 games at one of two gyms in Mill City. Camp on the grass at the high school while rafting on the Santiam River between games or water skiing at Detroit Lake which is only 20 minutes away. This would be a great team building experience as well as a great way to finish the summer basketball season. Contact Head Boys Basketball Coach Buell Gonzales at 503-897-2311 if interested. Accepting 16 teams from the 1-A, 2-A, and 3-A classification as well as JV teams from the higher classifications. $150 per team with certified officials for all games.
- Lowell High School is hosting a 3-on-3 basketball tournament on July 28th and July 29th. The tournament is open to all ages, costs $45.00 per team, and takes place at Lowell High School in Lowell, Oregon. Registration begins at 10:00 am with games starting at 11:00 am.